Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ha: The Breath of Life

I may or may not be obsessed with the night show at the polynesian cultural center. seriously its probably one of my favorite things on the island! Because I got an annual pass to the pcc through my hula class, I can go for free whenever I want. Now you have to realize that people pay some serious bucks to go to the night show! Its definitely something that I couldn't afford without my annual pass, but ya know, we locals get the hook ups! So last week I went for the third week in a row..but this week was especially good. and it was because the Prophet was there! YES the prophet was in town for the temple dedication..and of course he wanted to go to the night show. And guess what else...I talked to him...like a literal conversation. 

Heres how the story goes:
  So Kayli and I decided that we were going to get there early so that we could find out where the prophet was eating. So we got there early and waited outside the place where he was eating. We were like the first people other than these little boys so we were sure that we were going to get to say hi to him. Well after waiting for about an hour he finally came out! And of course..who did he go to..the little boys..he talked to them and said "here's my future missionaries"..to say the little boys were stoked is an understatement. He then kind of said hi to us..but no shaking hands..nothing like that. We were excited to have seen him..but a little bummed because we didn't get to actually talk to him..but we were trying to be excited.
  Ok so then we were walking into the theater for the theater and all of a sudden we see the prophet walking in on one side and people are seriously swarming him...and then on the other side we saw President Eyring walking in and nobody was paying attention to him because they were all so involved with the prophet. So we watch him go to his seat and we see that the row in front of him is completely empty so we decided that even though we didn't get to talk to the prophet, it would still be awesome to talk to an apostle. So went and shook his hand, introduced ourselves and talked to him and his wife about where we were from..you know..small talk. 
  Then a magnificant thing happened. We looked to our right and President Monson was standing right there. Literally right next to President Eyring...duhhh we didn't realize that they would end up sitting next to each other! So we were like ahh we have got to go say hi! So we walked over, shook his hand and the first thing that came out of his mouth was "I got myself a couple of blondies here" and he started laughing to himself. Man, did that break the ice or what! So then I got up my courage and said President Monson, I hear you love Cummings Chocolates." and he was like "They are my weakness! I need to lay off them (grabbing his belly)." and then we proceeded to tell each other our favorite flavors and talked about Cummings. Well then at this point an usher came up and made us move and he said "well girls have a good night, I will try not to cause to much trouble." And that was that! I TALKED TO THE PROPHET! 

So there you go..I talked to him. A good ol' conversation about chocolate...like we were best friends ya know? And its all because of Ha! The breath of life! that night the show was extra special...lots more dancers..all performing for the prophet. and then at the end they sang teach me to walk in the light. It was totally amazing and spiritual and I was bawling by then end...well everyone there was. Unreal. Amazing. Spectacular. those are just a few of the words to describe that night. 
kayli and I at the night show..love her

1 comment:

  1. SO COOL! Glad you blogged about it :) Hope to see you over the Holidays! Love to you

    ReplyDelete