Friday, November 5, 2010

I can't wait...

    Christmas is coming. Its my favorite time of year. Even though I am in Hawaii and it feels like it is not close to Christmas at all....I can feel it coming. I know its only November..but I feel it coming. I remember when I was a kid and when it would snow in Redmond. Things would shut down and I can remember just getting into my snow clothes and go sledding with chels down our big hill. Life was so great on those days. Then we would go inside and my mom would have hot chocolate waiting. I remember my mom making those days so awesome...
   Anyways..I love Christmas. I am really hoping that Mike and Mel get to be with us for christmas this year...that would be make it almost perfect...of course its not quite perfect yet because my boy still isn't home. but I get to talk to him...and I can't wait. I'm already thinking about the things that I want to talk about with him on the phone. I just can't wait to hear him tell me how much he loves me. Thats always my favorite parts of our conversations. I'm just so excited to hear his voice. He makes me melt every single time I hear a word come out of his mouth. I'm excited.
   I'm also excited to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Although so many people like to make Christmas about Santa and the presents....I love reading the story of the birth of Christ with the family on Christmas Eve. It always helps me remember the true reason of Christmas and why we are celebrating.
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
(Christmas 2006 with my boy...he's still my boy after all these years!)

3 comments:

  1. I am excited too....Christmas is the best time of year! Love your memories...you had a great childhood! And I love the glow on your face after your phone calls with Brock! The glow lasts for days!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is so dang cute! You two look happy!! I'm excited for Christmas too it's the best time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since when do you have a blog?? How thrilling!

    Yes, Christmas truly is the BEST time of year. I really want to put up my Christmas decorations right now, but Darren won't let me until after Thanksgiving... LAME! Especially because I will be right in the middle of finals then so I will probably have to wait even longer. Screw that! Anyways, we can't wait to see you and hang out! Love that picture by the way. You guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete