Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sun-Kissed Skin

I'm officially over being tan. To be honest, I'm quite sick of worrying whether I am going to be tan enough for everyone when I get home. Don't get me wrong, I like having that sun-kissed skin, but at this point its not at the top of my list. I have finals, packing, and seeing all the people that I'm leaving within the next week. How am I going to fit going to the beach in that time?! The answer is no clue, but I don't care. If my friends and family at home judge me because I'm not tan enough for them..well then thats their problem. But for now, I'm going to work on the things that really matter..school and friends. Frying my skin to a golden brown is not the priority. If it happens that I have time..I'll try..but until then my kind of brown skin will have to do! :) Here's a pic at my peak of being tan in hawaii....I will always have the pics to prove it :) 
I can't wait to in the cold drinking hot chocolate and warming up by the fire with my family. I can't think of one thing I would rather do more. Nope, I wouldn't even rather be in Hawaii. Skiing is on my mind lately, snow is on my mind lately. I think i'll leave hawaii here in a week and a half and go back to the cold. I kind of belong in the cold. I have LOVVVED hawaii and I know that I'm going to miss being warm all the time..but I have always been one to like the tropical vacations and then go back to the not so hot weather. I like wearing winter clothes. I like putting on lots of layers. I know that for a few weeks I'm going to be super uncomfortable because my body has adapted so much to Hawaii, but after a few weeks I'll be just fine being in the cold and skiing every weekend... :) can't wait! 
Only 9 days left in Hawaii..better make it a crazy 9 days! (if only finals didn't exist)

2 comments: