Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Worry-Free Weekend

This past President's Day weekend I got to do something that my friend Lauren and I have been dying to do for YEARS! Disneyland. And let me tell you. It was fabulous. Here's a little synopsis for you of the trip

Day 1 (Friday): Started out pretty sketchy when I decided that instead of getting on the plane that I would get a caramel apple cider. They were calling my name on the overhead system saying "Paging Allison Fox, this is the final call for boarding." So I had Lauren run and tell them I was coming while I got my cider and barely made it on the plane. Priorities people. We finally got to Long Beach, headed to our ghetto motel and went straight to Disneyland. 1st thing on the to do list? Get a corn dog of course. Best corn dog I've ever had. Greasy. Fried. Delicious. Almost gave me a heart attack it was so bad for me. But amazing. Then we hit up our first ride. Space Mountain. Now let me give you a little background info...when I was little, I was TERRIFIED of roller coasters. I seriously had a bad fear of them. Now that I'm older, I love them. I love that feeling you get on them. Adrenaline. Awesome. So anyways I was always to scared to go on space mountain when I was little, but that was our first ride, and definitely one of my favorites. We went on it twice that day. And then the rest of the day we went on all the rides in disneyland basically. Then it started to rain. so we went to rainforest cafe (amazing) and got lots of food, went to a movie that night, and then we got out of the movie at 10 and it wasn't raining so we went on 5 rides in an hour and a half and loved life. Oh, and we were exhausted at the end of the night. and wet. oh and i bought a poncho. best idea EVER. Lauren wouldn't buy one. she's against them! 

Day 2 (Saturday): We got up at 8:30, got ready, and it was a gorgeous day. We were so happy. So off we went to California Adventure in our flip flops ready for another day of fun. And it was. We went on California Screamin 3 times that day. I'm obsessed with that ride. Its so fast. And only really fun when you are in the front row. Its not the same if your not in the front row because you don't get the same kind of rush if your not. Then we hit up tower of terror 3 times that day too. And space mountain again. Ok so we were totally roller coaster junkies on Day2. And I felt super sick afterwards. And of course we went on all the other rides in California Adventure. But the weather kept saying it was going to start raining at 3. And wow. at 3..it started pouring. And then bad things happened. Lauren fell because her flip flops didn't have good traction. I felt super sick from all the roller coasters. And so we went home. And took a nap in our ghetto hotel. And then we woke up, got some dinner and went to the show called World of Color. Its this new amazing water show in california adventure and Ah i can't describe it but you should look it up on youtube. And it was POURING during it. But we survived. And it was amazing. And then we went on some rides that night. And then went home. More exhausted than the day 1.

Day 3 (Sunday): I woke up, already exhausted and with a headache. Bad way to start a day, but it was our last day so we had to make the most of it. And it was SUNNY! Wahooo! We started off the day with a little devotional, we watched a conference talk. So we felt good about that. Then we headed off to  Ariel's Grotto. Lauren kept saying that she wanted to go to this place, and man it didn't disappoint. It is character dining so basically we ate a 3 course meal and Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, Mulan, and Cinderella came around to the tables and chatted and took pictures with us. Amazing. No lines to wait in to see them. They just came to us. So amazing. I loved it. Then we did the highlights that day. We did tower of terror, space mountain, california screamin, peter pan, pirates of the Caribbean, and I think thats it. Even though it was super sunny it was really really cold so for dinner we had this amazing bread bowl and then we went shopping that night. We got home pretty early and I fell asleep at 8:45. Yeah, I was tired and exhausted. And then we had to wake up at 3:40 to get our shuttle for our flight so I didn't feel bad about going to bed that early. Oh, and the shuttle guy took us to the wrong airport..yeah it was bad, but we made our flight. And got home. 

It was an awesome trip. Something that I have been wanting to do for a long time. And we finally did it! Here's some pics from the trip! 

front of disneyland, Day 1!
best corn dog ever
space mountain
minnie's house
toy story ride!
we're toys in a toy box!
our castle
california adventure
cinderella. my fav princess
space mountain! love that face :) 
that's california screamin in the background!
california screamin! such a rush!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah... I've never even been to Dinsey Land... SO not fair! :) Glad you girls had fun! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a wonderful time, but WOW, I had NO IDEA you would ever eat a corndog!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete