Sunday, July 24, 2011

Engaged!

Ok so I know I have been extremely awful about this blog. But its not because there has been a lack of stuff going on in my life. There has been a lot going on actually....mostly Brock and I getting ENGAGED!!! WAHOO :) Yes, I know it was very fast and yes I know that he just got home from his mission. But it is so right. everything is so perfect with us and we are excited beyond belief to be getting married to each other. If you know us then you know that it has been a long time coming for us to be getting married.

Sooo here's the details:
Date: September 3, 2011
Reception Venue: Sleepy Ridge in Orem, Utah and then the Quick's Home on Sept 9th in WA for an open house
Temple: Salt Lake City
Colors: Blush pink, Rose Pink, Ivory

Annnnnd everyone has been asking me how he proposed. Soo I will just spill the story on here! :) Last weekend as most of you all know was the opening of Harry Potter. Brock and I have always been quite fond of hp and I knew that it was coming out but we weren't planning on being together that weekend. I was sneaky though and got the weekend off so that i could go and surprise him and take him to hp. So I got there and surprised him on Thursday the 14th and so we were hanging out and he said to me hey my parents want to take us to dinner tonight. And I was like alright where..and he said cheesecake factory. Sweet if you ask me! So 7 hits and we head off to Bellevue to go to the cheesecake factory. Now when you are getting off the exit to bellevue you can either go east or west. And so Brock starts to head east even though I know for a fact he needs to head west. And I start telling him off about how he is wrong and he keeps saying to me..but my dad told me to go east. And he won't listen! And I'm TICKED! So next thing I know I am seeing the signs for the Bellevue Botanical gardens.....and I know it then. Because if you didn't know..Brock and I had our first kiss at the botanical gardens there when we were 15. And so I shut up about giving him a hard time after that. And so we walked around the botanical gardens for a while..brock tried to fake me out by tying his shoe and then pulling out his phone..didnt work..i saw right through it. And then finally we stopped at the spot that we had our first kiss...and Brock started telling me all this lovey dovey stuff and then he proposed. It was perfect. Just him and I and the gardens. It was amazing.
right after the engagement! :) 

So we're engaged. And loving life. Even though we are apart we have been lucky and get to be together a lot. We found our apartment last night and are so excited! Everything is just working together great...not to say they aren't some crazy bumps along the way. But things are going great. And we are so excited to get married. It's all we talk about.

my ring! IM OBSESSED! :)

right after the engagement! :) 

7 comments:

  1. so cute! congrats to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ali baby. makes me smile so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you to FINALLY be my sister!!! You guys just make me so happy! Can't wait for the big day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cutest story ever! So excited for you girl!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my gosh so cute! I love the last picture! Al you two are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am beyond happy for you al! You guys were ALWAYS meant to be :) Isn't it wonderful how when the person and timing are right everything just falls into place? I love you!

    ReplyDelete